The travel media world has changed dramatically over the last 10 years.
Blogging and social media have opened up new outlets, which when used correctly are some of the most cost efficient and high impact outlets for PR and marketing.
However, these new outlets have also eliminated the barrier to entry. Now anyone and everyone can get in on the travel journalism game, whereas before it was only open to a few.
As I have traveled around the wold speaking at conferences, I have met countless PR and marketing professionals in the travel industry who have encountered similar problems:
- They are inundated with dozens or hundreds of solicitations from bloggers and influencers.
- They are unsure how to sort out the good from the bad.
- They are not sure what to do to best maximize their investment in influencers and bloggers
The problem was so pervasive that I often found myself often giving the most attended sessions at the various conferences I attended.
I have designed this course to be the most comprehensive resource available on the subject of working with travel bloggers and travel influencers.
It will provide a comprehensive overview of everything you need to know when working with bloggers and influencers.
I've designed the course to be a great value.
A single person attending a single conference can cost thousands of dollars after travel expenses are included. Once there you can't usually review the material after it is presented, and you are limited in the number of sessions you can attend.
This course is intended not only to be the most comprehensive course of its kind, but also much more affordable than attending a single industry event.
If the information found in this course can prevent you from making even one mistake with a blogger or influencer, or improving the results from a single blogger/influencer campaign, it will more than pay for itself.
Gary Arndt is one of the most experienced and authoritative voices in the world of travel blogging.
His career as an internet professional began 25 years ago when he started one of the world's first internet consulting firms, developing some of the first data driven websites on the internet.
After selling his company to a multinational firm in 1998, he proceeded to co-found one of the first web-based business intelligence software companies, and ran one of the largest network of online video game website, getting 50 million pageviews per month at its peak.
In 2005 he hatched the idea of selling his home to travel around the world for a year. In 2006 he launched his website, Everything Everywhere, and in 2007 he began a journey which would take him to all 7 continents and over 130 countries
Since then he has been one of the most influential and respected travel bloggers and online personalities in the world.
- Name by Time Magazine as one of the Top 25 Blogs in the World. The first travel blog ever so named.
- Inaugural Travel+Leisure SMITTY Award Winner for Best Use of Social Media by an Independent Journalist
- Founder of the Travel Influencer Summit
- NATJA Gold Medal for Best Travel Blog
- 3x Lowell Thomas Award Winner
- 2x North Lights Award Winner for Photography of Canada
- SATW Travel Photographer of the Year
- 2x NATJA Travel Photographer of the Year
- First Full-Time Blogger to be a member of SATW
- First Full-Time Blogger to sit on the SATW Board of Directors
- Speaker on the subject of blogging and social media at dozens of conferences on 6 continents
Gary knows the world of travel blogging and travel influencers like few other people.
Start#1 Introduction and Defining Terms. What exactly are we talking about? (28:12)
Start#2 Understanding the Blogger/Influencer Business Model (42:40)
Start#3 Audience Intent and the Travel Buying Process (28:34)
Start#4 Blogging and Website Analytics
Start#5 Instagram (Available August 10)
Start#7 YouTube (Available August 14)
Start#6 Facebook and Twitter (Available August 18)
Start#8 Pinterest (Available August 22)
Start#9 Email Newsletters (Available August 24)
Start#10 Podcasting (Available August 26)
Start#11 Discovering Fakes (Available August 28)
Start#12 SEO (Available August 30)
Start#13 Finding and Vetting Influencers/Bloggers (Available September 2)
Start#14 Evaluating Success and Metrics for Campaigns (Available September 4)
Start#15 Ambassadorships (Available September 6)
Start#16 Tools and resources (Available September 7)
- Video Based Instruction.
- Each module will be between 15-45 minutes
- Go at your own pace
- Access to the instructor for questions
- Updates as the online environment changes
Course Bonus Material
- Interviews with top travel influencers, bloggers, and PR/marketing professionals
- Special question and answer sessions
- Private Facebook group
- Special updates when Google/Facebook/etc make significant changes